We are at our campsite in Dayton! Great first day on the road, but so tired! I will share details of our first day tomorrow.
In my 27 years, I've lived many places I could consider my "hometown," but the one thing they (nearly) all have in common is a road: US 40. On June 15, my parents, brother and I will pile in a Prius to travel that road a total of more than 3,000 miles as we revisit the settings of long-faded memories while reading about the history of this fascinating east-west route. Read more about the idea here.
- Road trip finale: A wedding, Little Sweeden in Kansas, and one adorable little princess July 2, 2013
- Beautiful Colorado July 2, 2013
- Aurora: The Forgotten Hometown July 2, 2013
- Almost home June 25, 2013
- Five great things about camping June 20, 2013
- Meet Me in St. Louie June 20, 2013
- Photos: Memory Lane (Dad’s B-52 and Mom’s college campus) June 18, 2013
- Photos: National Road from Ohio to St. Louis June 18, 2013
- Rainy day in St. Louis June 18, 2013
- Photos: Frederick to Ohio June 17, 2013
- The secret to getting there faster: Slow down June 17, 2013
- We made it! June 16, 2013
- You’re fitting four people and their stuff in a WHAT? June 15, 2013
- Route to our Roots (Or, My Crazy Idea for a Family Road Trip) June 12, 2013