On the up side, the rain stopped today in time for our Cardinals game to go forward and they played a great game and won 5-2. On the down side, we got back to the campsite to find all of our gear soaked, including my sleeping bag, the inside of Matt’s tent, and the backup hammock. So now the little Prius that could is sleeping quarters for three. Ah, camping.
In my 27 years, I've lived many places I could consider my "hometown," but the one thing they (nearly) all have in common is a road: US 40. On June 15, my parents, brother and I will pile in a Prius to travel that road a total of more than 3,000 miles as we revisit the settings of long-faded memories while reading about the history of this fascinating east-west route. Read more about the idea here.
- Road trip finale: A wedding, Little Sweeden in Kansas, and one adorable little princess July 2, 2013
- Beautiful Colorado July 2, 2013
- Aurora: The Forgotten Hometown July 2, 2013
- Almost home June 25, 2013
- Five great things about camping June 20, 2013
- Meet Me in St. Louie June 20, 2013
- Photos: Memory Lane (Dad’s B-52 and Mom’s college campus) June 18, 2013
- Photos: National Road from Ohio to St. Louis June 18, 2013
- Rainy day in St. Louis June 18, 2013
- Photos: Frederick to Ohio June 17, 2013
- The secret to getting there faster: Slow down June 17, 2013
- We made it! June 16, 2013
- You’re fitting four people and their stuff in a WHAT? June 15, 2013
- Route to our Roots (Or, My Crazy Idea for a Family Road Trip) June 12, 2013